Could you be the voice of young people on our board?
We are excited to offer a unique opportunity to join International Service Board of Trustees, to one of our UK ICS alumni.
We are excited to offer a unique opportunity to join International Service Board of Trustees, to one of our UK ICS alumni! The Board of Trustees is responsible for overseeing the governance and strategic direction of International Service globally, and compliance with the Charity Commission and Companies House requirements.
ICS Alumni bring a unique experience to our board, and we value the importance of meaningfully representing young people's views in our decision-making.
- Believe in the vision, mission and values of International Service.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and active engagement with international development issues and/or human rights work.
- Bring your ICS experience, and relevant skills and knowledge to our Board.
- Have fully completed the ICS programme.
- Be able to attend a minimum of 6 meetings a year.
- Pay all reasonable expenses incurred.
- Provide a full induction to the Board as well as relevant personal development opportunities.
We are looking for alumni who can bring passion and commitment to the role; expert knowledge or current employment in development is not necessary.
To apply please submit an expression of interest to Alumni Coordinator Corin Heney at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9am Monday 5th December.
Your expression of interest will explain why you are interested in the role, and what skills, knowledge and experience you would bring as a Trustee to our Board. Expressions of interest should be no longer than 2 sides of A4 of font size 12, or, in a video format of up to 3 minutes long. Video submission can be emailed, or hosted online.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by a current Trustee, for interviews commencing w/c 12th December (Skype or in person).
Further information here – ‘Role of Trustee/What to Expect’